Savonnerie Aubergine is organic certified with COSMOS ORGANIC since 2021
COSMOS – COSMetic Organic Standard – is the international specification created by BDIH, Cosmébio, Ecocert, ICEA and Soil Association to harmonise guarantees of organic cosmetics labels between different countries in the world.
COSMOS certification garantee:
- production and transformation process respecting environnement and human health
- developpement of green chemistry concept
- responsible use of natural ressources
- respect of biodiversity
- absence of petrochemical ingredients (except authoized preservatives): parabens, phenoxyethanol, perfumes and synthesis colouring agents
- absence of GMO
- recyclable packaging
Products sold with COSMECERT COSMOS Organic logo are on the basis of verification (yearly audit on production site) by certifying organism COSMECERT in an independant way :
- analysis of ingredients
- composition of products
- process of transformation
- full tracability control (batch numbers, quantities produced vs quantities sold) from ingredients to final product
Transparent information on percentage of natural and organic ingredients indicated on the products.
All ingredient are from natural origin except restrictive approuved (among which preservatives) allowed in weak quantities.
A cosmetic product is certified by COSMOS Organic only if :
>95% minimum of vegetals are organic
>20% minimum of organic ingredients in final formula (10% for rince off products)
Nota bene : Waer and minerals are not considered ‘organic’ as not issued from landfarming. As water is a major component of many cosmetics formula, total percentage of organic ingredients may lead to reduced percentage of organic ingredients although other ingredients are organic.